Jim Rickards, The Gold Chronicles June 23, 2016
* Full commentary and analysis on Brexit (referendum for the UK remaining in the EU or leaving it)
* In British history this will stand out as a momentous day
* Betting pools are not a good proxy for UK citizens views on Brexit, bad science
* Gold prior to vote is priced for the UK to vote to remain in the EU
* A leave vote will cause gold to skyrocket and the GPB will lose 10% overnight
* Economists have a terrible forecasting record, and there is no reason to believe their projections will play out re Brexit
* The EU is a result of 60 years of work on a political project, not an economic project
* Gold is beginning to reverse flows into London, averaging 60 tons per month since Feb 2016 creating tightness in the wholesale gold market at the refinery level
* If the UK leaves the EU, Scotland will likely leave the UK and join the EU
You can follow Alex Stanczyk on Twitter @alexstanczyk
You can follow Jim Rickards on Twitter @JamesGRickards
You can listen to the Gold Chronicles on iTunes at:
You can Listen to the Global Perspectives on iTunes at:
You can access transcripts of our interviews at:
You can subscribe to our Youtube channel to access these interviews and more at:
By listening to this podcast or reading its associated transcript (collectively, this “Podcast”), you agree with the following.
This Podcast is not an offer to sell, nor a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security. This Podcast is intended for general education and information purposes only, and may include broad discussions of markets, geopolitics, monetary policy, and geoeconomics. Nothing in this Podcast constitutes investment, legal or tax advice, nor an evaluation of or prospectus for any particular investment or market, including gold. This Podcast should not be relied upon to make any investment decision. You are encouraged to seek the advice of qualified financial, legal and tax advisors before making any investment decisions.
This material is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind. In particular, information provided by third parties in this Podcast has not independently evaluated or confirmed. Furthermore, we take no responsibility to update this Podcast to reflect any changes in any of the information presented. Physical Hard Assets Fund SPC and Physical Gold Fund, its officers, directors, employees or associated persons will not under any circumstances be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, economic, or consequential, exemplary or punitive) arising from, connected with, or relating to the use of, or inability to use, this Podcast or the information herein, or any action or decision made by you or any other person in reliance on this information, or any unauthorized use or reproduction of this Podcast or the information herein.